Do you want to be a part of one of the most progressive healthcare offices in the Bay Area?
Do you want to work for a thriving company with a positive environment?
Do you have a desire to move into a management position and grow with a great practice?
Do you want to work in the beautiful city of Alameda?
If so, you should consider applying to Optimized Wellness Center!
Immediately looking to hire a fabulous office assistant to join our high-end, multi-disciplinary health and wellness center. Our doctors specialize in functional medicine, chiropractic care, and nutrition. The center offers cutting edge diagnostics and a wide variety of natural therapies. Our mission is to provide the highest quality, natural healthcare possible to our patients to improve the quality of their lives. Our office is a lively and passionate environment filled with wonderful patients and a truly talented and professional staff.
The approximate hours for this part-time position are:
Wednesday 9:00am – 1:00pm AND 3:00-7:30pm
Thursday 3:00pm – 7:30pm
periodic weekends events
We are looking for a sharp, friendly yet firm individual who can think on their toes and keep the office functioning while providing stellar customer service. If this sounds like you, please read the following closely and apply!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ensure patients, customers, vendors, etc. receive excellent service in a pleasant environment.
* Provide timely and professional responses to all correspondence, questions and/or concerns whether in person, over the phone, fax or online messaging with exceptional etiquette.
* Answering multiple phone lines and confirming appointment times.
* Manage office schedule and flow: new and established patient appointments, meetings, events, etc.
* Follow HIPAA rules and regulations regarding patient confidentiality.
* Assist doctors with patients.
* Assist in guiding patients to treatment rooms, helping them onto/off treatment table, placing patients on/off therapy as needed, and give new patients office tours.
* Marketing: social media, create marketing materials, assist with promoting business and generating new clients.
* Patient education: properly explain forms and any associated fee schedules to new patients.
* Verify that all new patient forms have been properly completed according to office policy.
* Efficient data entry of patient information into EHR software system which includes organizing and scanning or importing all patient documentation into the patient file.
* Collect and account for payments from patrons.
* Audit patient accounts and prepare monthly statements.
* General clerical duties including but not limited to: Processing incoming and preparing outgoing mail, checking email, filing, faxing, copies, etc., as well as ordering office supplies as needed.
* Attend occasional weekend events or training.
Ability to work the open business hours stated above each week.
Education: high school diploma or equivalent. 1+ year of office administrative experience.
* Proficient knowledge of general office equipment such as phones, computers, Microsoft and Google products.
* Strive to provide outstanding customer service.
* Devoted team member with a positive attitude and professional, yet vibrant demeanor.
* Ability to prioritize tasks, and multi-task in a fast-paced, high volume environment while maintaining poise and grace.
* Dedicated to promoting and educating others on the benefits of natural healthcare.
* Always a positive, team-oriented attitude, consistent follow-through, and openness to feedback.
* Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Takes a proactive and diplomatic approach to resolving situations or conflict.
* Ability to work with, and maintain confidential material.
* Able to learn new software programs quickly and easily; computer savvy
* Ability to learn Platinum software (software for electronic health records) and billing websites.
* Ability to lift up to 25lbs and sit for long periods of time. Occasionally necessary to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, twist, and carry.
* Ability to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of computer keyboard.
General knowledge of medical billing practices a plus.
Spanish speaking a plus.
Interest in health, nutrition and active lifestyle.
A desire for a fast track management position. 1 and 3-month reviews with a possible increase in pay.
Healthcare is available to employees at OWC.
HOW TO APPLY:
We take the time to read every response (that followed these instructions), and we will contact you quickly if a match seems likely. We are eager to meet people and expand our team, so responses will be timely and direct.
We genuinely care a whole lot more about who you are as a human being and what you can contribute to our team than we do about what specific list of skills are on your resume. If you recognize yourself in the description of our excellent and highly aware team, please follow the link to the application. From here you will have a chance to tell us more about yourself and why you would be a perfect fit with our team.
ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED TO THE BELOW URL WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Optimized Wellness Center Office Application
(Copy and paste the above URL to follow the link to the questionnaire.)
For more information about OWC please visit www.optimizedwellnesscenter.com