Cold lasers are a clinically proven, non-invasive body contouring technique to remove fat and reduce inches. There are no known negative side effects from cold laser treatments; however, practice members with certain medical conditions should not be treated with cold lasers as a precaution:
- Pregnant or breast-feeding
- Disease of the lymphatic system, kidney or liver
- Cancer (active or within 1 year of remission)
So we can tailor the program to your specific needs, notify your doctor and on the intake forms if you meet one of the following:
- Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 kg/m² or greater body weight in ‘obese’ category
- Diabetes dependent on insulin or oral hypoglycemic medications
- Cardiac surgeries such as cardiac bypass, heart transplant surgery, pacemakers
- Excessive alcohol consumption (more than 21 alcoholic drinks per week)
- Prior surgical intervention for body sculpting/weight loss, such as liposuction, abdominoplasty, stomach stapling, and lap band surgery. Results may vary due to fat cells having previously been removed
- Medical, physical, or other contraindications for body sculpting/weight loss
- Any medical condition and/or current use of medication(s) known to affect weight levels and/or to cause bloating or swelling for which abstinence during the course of participation is not safe or medically prudent
- Diagnosis of, and/or taking medication for irritable bowel syndrome
- Active infection, wound or other external trauma to the areas to be treated with the laser
- Mental health illness such as dementia or schizophrenia; psychiatric hospitalization in past two years.
Developmental disability or cognitive impairment that would preclude adequate comprehension of the informed consent form and/or ability to record the necessary measurements
- Involvement in litigation and/or a worker’s compensation claim and/or receiving disability benefits related to weight-related and/or body shape issues
- Basal metabolic disorder (i.e. hypothyroid) which is unstable
- If you have a cold, fever or otherwise compromised health it is best to postpone treatment until you are feeling better. This will optimize the Zerona Program results.
If any of the above apply to you, the doctors at Optimized Wellness Center will provide customized care to regain your health.